Thursday, December 11, 2008

Think Tank Flashback: Grow up

With the national media - and everyone else shitting on Chicago in the aftermath of Governor Arrogant's arrest, I thought I would revisit this Think Tank from May 19, 2007 titled Grow Up, Chicago.

Though it deals mostly with then-WSCR-AM windbag Mike North feuding with White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, the antics are just part of the dysfunctional culture we as Chicagoans must deal with on a daily basis.

I guess in the year-and-a-half since this article was written, we still have a very long way to go toward respectability - and despite helping to elect the next President from the United States who is from here, it has done little to change the image some people have about Chicago (I'm afraid getting rid of Jay Mariotti isn't enough.)

In other words, we're closer to Detroit than we are to Paris or Rome. And I don't mean just by distance.

No comments: